With all the crafting, baking, and keeping the kids busy with artsy creations, there are many holidays’ traditions to being had. There is bound to be a few spills, particularly with clumsy fingers and the excitement of the holiday activities. Today, we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to offer a carpet removal guide for the common carpet spills this holiday season.
Cautionary Note: No matter if you are using a store brought solution or a homemade remedy, always conduct your patch test of any carpet cleaning aid you use in an inconspicuous area prior to treating the stain. Be sure not to use hot water as you can cause a stain to set. Begin from the outer rims and working to the center with blotting to contain the stain. Only use white paper towels, cloths, and towels in order prevent the dyes or prints from transferring to the carpets. Avoid oversaturating the carpets, otherwise water damage and mold can develop.
How Do You Remove Washable Paint?
1) From the surface, spoon up the excess of the washable paint.
2) To blot the remaining residues, use a paper towel. Pat the stain from the outside towards the center, without using too much pressure.
3) Scrape it off with a dull edge if the paint has dried.
4) In a squirt bottle combine 1 cup warm water and 1/2 tsp dish soap.
5) Use a damp cloth to carefully work out the stain, after generously applying the solution to the surface and without oversaturating.
6) To remove the stain, continue to repeat the steps as needed.
7) From a spray bottle, or water-dampen cloth, and blot up the solution efficiently, rinse the area with cool water.
8) Combine 2-parts water with 1-part white vinegar should the spit only become discolored with a brownish color. Blot with dry cloth in between application to avoid oversaturation after you applied the treatment with solution-treated cloth.
How Do You Get Cookie Icing off Carpet
1) You can scrape the chunks off the surface, by using a butter knife or spoon, but be careful to keep it from smearing. Wipe it off on a paper towel as you go.
2) Combine equal parts of cold water and white vinegar in a squirt bottle.
3) As you apply the solution onto a clean cloth or sponge sparingly, gently blot up the stain.
4) Blot remaining residues using fresh paper towels.
5) Repeat as necessary.
6) Use a clean towel to pull up as much moisture as possible and let the area dry thoroughly.
How Do You Clean Dried Glitter Glue from Carpet?
1) With a spoon, scoop up the bulk of the glitter glue or similar tool and wipe it off onto a paper towel.
2) Using a damp cloth to blot the glitter glue residue, work the exterior toward the interior of the stain.
3) If there are any remains, carefully work the remaining stain out by moderately applying alcohol onto a sponge.
4) By rinsing cool water and a cloth, prevent oversaturation.
5) With a dry towel, pat the area down with forceful pressure.