Rugs can be a challenge to clean, but especially larger rugs such as one that runs down a hallway or takes up the bedroom floor. Though rugs can be thoroughly cleaned moving it around, these larger rugs can be more difficult since you can’t always pick up your rug easily to clean it properly. Whether you prefer homemade or store-bought cleaners, you can clean your rug a lot easier than you think. Today, we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to share some tips on how you can clean your area rug without moving it.
How Do You Clean a Large Area Rug without Moving It?
1) Vacuum Area Rug Thoroughly. By regularly vacuuming your rug, it keeps it clean, though it may seem obvious. Their fur can accumulate on the rug and make it smell if you are a pet owner. Vacuuming prevents the buildup of that odor and keeps it fresh and clean.
2) According to the Stain, Treat the Rug. According to the type of spill, you should always clean the rug. While you have to clean others using different measures, you remove some easily using only water.
– Use mild liquid soap and water in a 2:1 ratio, for food spillage.
– To treat urine stains, you can use a solution of 3 parts water, 1-part white vinegar, and ⅓ part detergent.
– As fibers can degrade and shrink because of it, avoid using cleaners that contain ammonia on wool rugs.
3) Properly Clean Rug Stains. As cleaning it in the wrong way may damage it permanently, you require a proper technique to clean a rug without moving it. Follow these steps, to properly clean your rug.
– Make Combine 1 part vinegar, 3 parts water, and ⅓ part detergent, and mix it in a squirt bottle, bowl, or bucket.
– Use a dry cloth to apply the mixture to the stain and leave it for 30 minutes.
– To remove the stain, after 30 minutes, use a rag soaked in warm water. Avoid using too much water as you do not want to oversaturate the rug.
4) Efficiently Dry the Rug. It is crucial to dry the rug properly after you have removed the stain. You can dry the rug without removing it by using the listed methods.
– For better ventilation, open all the doors and windows of the room.
– In order to make the water evaporate quickly, use a table fan and expose the wet area to a stream of air.
– To avoid photo-bleaching, do not dry the rug in direct sunlight.
5) Hire Professionals for Deep Cleaning. Professionals can ensure your rugs get the deep clean they need at least once a year. Using powerful equipment and premium products, the rugs can be restored to like-new and be vibrant, odor-free, and clean.
Area Rug Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas & Chula Vista, California
Call the professionals of Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning when your rugs require a deep cleaning or has some stubborn stains and/ or odors you need help with. We are eager to serve the San Diego, CA area with quality rug cleaning services.