Many homeowners are motivated to ensure that high-quality carpets are well taken care of. People will then implement routine vacuuming, professional cleaning regularly, and instantly tend to any kind of substance spills. Some people will even put extra effort into treating the carpets with products that help resist staining other harmful things. However, there are few who realize that maintaining the vacuum is equally important. A high-quality vacuum featuring a HEPA filter is ideal to preserve the carpets. Today, we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to share the steps on how to clean the commonly used bagless vacuum cleaners.
How Often Should You Clean Your Vacuum Cleaner?
Ample airflow is required to effectively operate your bagless vacuum, for this reason, it is essential that you routinely clean the filter and canister. As a part of maintenance, be sure that the canister is emptied when it reaches the halfway mark. Ideally, the vacuum itself should be cleaned every 4-6 weeks. Before cleaning the vacuum, be sure to read through the manual for specifics, but below you will find the basic steps to clean your vacuum.
Collect the following:
– Microfiber cloths
– Dishwashing liquid
– Scrubbing brush
How to Clean a Vacuum Filter & Other Parts
1) Before getting started, make sure the vacuum is not plugged in and take the canister out.
2) Ensure the excess dust residue by emptying the canister and use a dry microfiber cloth wipe the inside.
3) Submerge the canister in a sink of warm soapy water and give it a good wash down; be sure to rinse away all of the suds and set it to the side to airdry. Before reattaching the canister, it must be fully dry, if you are reassembling, make sure the canister is fully dry.
4) Either cleaned or replaced, the filter needs attention. Consult your manual to find out if your vacuum’s filter is washable or it requires replacing.
5) For washable filters, be sure to remove it and knock all the excess dust first against a hard surface; either outside or in the trash can.
6) Rinse the filter thoroughly under the tap of warm water until the water runs clear. Do not use any soap or cleaners unless otherwise specified in the manufacturer’s directions in the manual.
7) Generally, it is to be left out overnight, but give the air filter time to completely dry. Be sure to wait until its dry, do not replace it until it is.
8) In order to reach the beater bar for cleaning, remove the base plate. With the scissors and taking care as to not damage the bristles on the beater bar, cut away any threads, strings, and hair wrapped around the beater bar. Once they are cut loose, use the brush to clean off the debris.
9) Following the removal of the wound-up stringy stuff, wipe down the bar with a microfiber cloth.
10) Use the microfiber cloth to wipe the base plate. Afterwards, wipe down the exterior of the vacuum.
Carpet Cleaning & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California
This is useful to keep your vacuum effective and your carpets well preserved. When you need professional carpet cleaning services, contact Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning and let our qualified technicians get your carpets clean and fresh. Call us today!