To most people, our pets are just furry kids that fill our hearts. We love and care for these loyal animals who generally give nothing but love in return. Training a young pet, or having a chronic problem, or even the occasional accident, most pet owners have had to endure the experience of cleaning pet stains. Carpets, rugs, upholstery, hardwood floor, and even tile’s grout can be blemished with pet stains. When you discover a pet stain, you can confirm the attached odor, or in more chronic accidents, the odors might manifest before the stain does. In any case, you want to remove the unsightly stains, and extract the odors to make your home is clean, sanitized and deodorized.
Steam Magic Carpet Cleaners would like to share some tips on how to remove the pet stains and odors from the various materials of your home.
Notes: Before we begin please note, pet stains are a protein base stain, they require enzymes to remove the stain if you are using a department store products.
– Always perform a patch test on your carpet in an inconspicuous area, no matter if you are using a home remedy or a commercial product to ensure it does not compromise the integrity or color of the carpet.
– Avoid using hot water as it can set the stain in making it near impossible to remove.
– Use white cloths, as dyes and printed designs can transfer on to the surfaces.
– Never over saturate. Over saturation with any liquid can cause carpets, rugs, and upholstery to create mold, and in carpet especially, you will not notice the deep rooted infestation until it is too late.
– Whenever possible, tend to the stains immediately, the longer the set in the tougher they are to remove.
Pet Stain and Odor Removal
1. For fresh stains blot the excess liquid with a plain paper towel or cloth. If the stain is dry, mist the carpet with a squirt bottle of water.
2. Slowly pour white vinegar onto the stain, do not over saturate, but dampen the stain site.
3. Sprinkle baking soda onto the area, just enough to cover the offending spot.
4. For protection, place a bowl or plate on top to avoid accidental step in, and allow it to soak up over night.
5. Vacuum up the baking soda to reveal stain and odor has disappeared.
1. Blot up the stain to remove excess liquid.
2. Follow label’s directions.
Carpet Cleaning in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California
Pet stains and odors can be difficult to remove, especially if they are repeated stains that went unnoticed and are now old. With Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning, pet stains and odors are easily remedied. Our experts are fully trained and experienced, as well as skilled in the methods and techniques of removing the pet stains and odor from carpets, rugs, and upholstery. We use high-end quality products and equipment to deliver premium and affect results. If you have pet stains and odors that are in need of a professional’s touch, give Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning a call today to schedule your appointment.