Musty odors are commonly attached to carpets, and few know how to get those musty odors out of the carpeting. When your home becomes overwhelming with musty odors, you do have options to make your carpets smell fresh and clean. With this in mind, we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to take the opportunity share how to get the musty odors out of carpets.
What Neutralizes Musty Carpet Smell?
1) You First Need to Dry the Area. Musty odors are commonly due to a water problem. Your carpet must have been moist or wet before it became musty. Make sure to repair the cause of the water damage and begin drying out carpets. Dry area fully, implement open windows and use dehumidifiers and fans if necessary to help dry out the carpets as quickly as possible. Hire a professional restoration company and learn whether or not your carpet can be saved after a flood if your home was recently flooded.
2) Vacuum Well. Vacuum the carpet to remove dust and help the odor dissipate faster once the water problem is fixed and the carpet is dry. You may need to vacuum more than once. Use a quality vacuum cleaner to slowly vacuum by overlapping the grids and going back in forth and change to the other direction.
3) Treatment. Combine one cup of white vinegar and two cups of warm water in a spray bottle. Gently mist the carpet over. You want to avoid oversaturation because it will increase moisture that can lead to mold growth.
4) Baking Soda. An amazing odor neutralizer is baking soda, on the carpets, sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda. Baking soda is safe for people and pets, and it does not damage your carpet. Leave it over night for best results, but at least leave it 30 minutes.
5) Hydrogen Peroxide. You can use hydrogen peroxide if musty odors persist. Apply the solution of five parts of water with one part hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle to the back of the carpet. You can neutralize the mold spores and odor.
6) Rent Equipment. You can clean the carpets with a carpet shampooer or steam cleaner. Use appropriate cleaners for the type of carpet you have. Renting the equipment is not only costing you monetarily, but it can be labor intensive work and time consuming.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas & Chula Vista, California
Musty odors on the carpets can be fairly challenging to neutralize on your own, especially if it was due to any kind of flooding. To ensure your carpets are properly treated, and any evidence mold is removed, you should enlist the help of a professional. When it comes to your carpets in Greater San Diego, CA, call in the professionals of Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning and let our experts take care of your carpets. Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning’s team of experts have the experience, training, and skills to provide quality workmanship. In order to maximize our efforts, Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning uses premium products and advanced equipment to deliver excellent carpet cleaning services. Call us today!