Just like there are a number of things that can cause staining on your carpet, there are a number of household items that you likely have around your home to treat those stains. There are several surprising tools that you probably already have in your closet that can help you remove even some of the toughest carpet stains. Cleaning a stain with the right tools can be the key to successfully getting them out of your carpet fibers. Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning is here to talk about what you should use to get rid of stains on your carpet.
What Household Products Get Stains Out of Carpet?
Following are some basic household items that you can use to remove some different carpet stains that are commonly found in homes.
– Club Soda & Vinegar: If you have spilt beer or wine on your carpet and don’t know how to get rid of it, have no fear. You can use club soda to easily remove these stains from your carpet. If club soda doesn’t work, you can mix a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and water that should do the trick.
– Shaving Cream: Sometimes, you may not know what has caused the staining on your carpet, but you know that you want it gone. For these stains, we recommend using shaving cream. Apply shaving cream directly to the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. You should then be able to blog the stain away.
– Dish Soap: You can count on dawn dish soap to get rid of greasy food on your dishes, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that it can get rid of greasy stains on your carpet as well. Mix just a few drops in with warm water and blot away the greasy stain with ease.
– Ice Cubes: If you have found that there is gum on your carpet fibers, don’t remove it right away. Get an ice cube and freeze the gum first. This should only take about 40 seconds. Then you can gently scrape it off the fibers with a spoon.
– Iron: Hardened wax on your carpet isn’t ever a good thing. You will need a clean towel that you can place on top of it and then use your iron to transfer it to the towel. Make sure the iron is on the “no steam” setting.
– Hydrogen Peroxide: When you see blood that has gotten on your carpet, you can turn to hydrogen peroxide to break it down so you can easily blot it up from your carpet.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas & Chula Vista, California
If you have stubborn carpet stains that you are having a difficult time removing, you can call on Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning to help you get rid of them. There is no stain that is too tough for our team of carpet cleaning pros. We will leave your carpet looking like it is brand new again. Call us today!