Whether they are from substances or pet accidents, carpets will inevitability be besmirched with accidental spills or accidents. The various chemicals used in cleaning spills have different reactions to the various carpet fibers can either be effective or also be more detrimental. You first perform a patch test; it is important that you follow instructions on the label of commercial premade carpet cleaners and no matter what you use to treat spots. Tragically, many mistakes occur by people trying to remove carpets stains. With this in mind, we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to share these common mistakes to help you avoid them.
Carpet Cleaning Gone Wrong; Common Mistakes to Avoid
1) Leaving the chunks on carpet before treating stain. You will only smear them further along your carpet if you do not remove the chunks first. Using a butter knife, spatula, spoon, or some kind of dull-edged tool, scrape the globs off the surface instead. Carefully, and cautiously to not smash the substance into the carpet or cut the fibers. To make the process more efficient, use a few paper towels to wipe the blobs as you.
2) Attacking the spots. It is important you do not attack them with scrubbing and rubbing techniques, it only pushes the substance out further and deeper into the fibers, making the spill even more difficult to remove when it comes to spills. Starting on the outer edge and work your way to the center to better contain the mess, use blotting and patting methods, instead.
3) Letting spills linger. Accidental messes should not be left untreated. Making them more difficult to remove and potentially stain, the longer the sit, the more time they have to absorb into the fiber. Optimize success by treating them immediately.
4) Hot-hot water use on carpet. Different temperatures will contribute to effectively remove the stains when it comes to treating different substance. Usually, the temperatures range from cool to warm and never hot-hot. Making it near impossible to remove, using hot-hot water will increase the risk of causing the substance to set into the carpet. Cool water should be used if you are ever in doubt.
5) Using printed or dyed rags, towels, or paper towels to treat carpet stains. When it comes to treating red wine or purple kool-aid spill for example, few want to risk their white cloths or towels. Resulting in a bigger dilemma, using implements that have dyes or prints can be transferred onto the carpet during the treatment process, however.
6) Skipping the patch test on carpet. When treating carpet spills, patch tests are an important step, as mentioned. When the different fibers react with different chemicals, fading, discoloration, or even damage can occur. Take the time to do a patch test in an inconspicuous area to make sure the solution does not ruin the carpet in plain sight.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas & Chula Vista, California
When your San Diego, CA carpet needs cleaning, call Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning. You need our expert technicians using quality products and equipment to lift stains, soil, and odors, treating stains can be a challenge and to ensure maximum effectiveness.