Summer is winding down. The kids have been home all summer, they’ve had friends over, you’ve had friends and family in town visiting. Has it taken a toll on your carpets? Spills and stains can be rough on your carpets, plus the summer months bring more dust into your home, causing your carpet to get dirtier, faster. The end of summer is a great time to have your carpets cleaned by professionals to restore them back to a fresh and hygienic condition.
Tips for How to Keep Carpet Clean
1. Have a no-shoe rule. Most of the dirt that gets trapped in your carpets gets there by the dirt on the bottom of your shoes. Taking your shoes off or wiping them on a mat before you enter your home can do wonders when it comes to keeping your carpets clean.
2. Vacuum regularly. Dust levels can be reduced greatly when you vacuum your carpets at least once a week, more in the summer when dust levels are higher. Make sure you use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. These filters will pick up dust and allergens rather than blow them around.
3. Treat carpet stains quickly. With the kids home more, chances are you have more carpet stains. The best thing you can do to remove any stain is to act quickly when they happen. Blot the stain with clean, absorbent cloth. DO NOT rub the stain. This will make it worse or impossible to remove.
4. Keep the outdoors outside. Sand is a big part of summer fun. Use mats at entrances to your home and shake out shoes, clothing and luggage before you bring it inside. Have family get togethers outside instead of inside.
Health Benefits of Clean Carpets
1. Removes trapped pollutant. Dirty carpets hold indoor pollutants like pet dander, cockroach allergens, particle pollution, lead and everyday dust and dirt. Added to that are toxic airborne gases that hang onto these pollutants, makes the problem worse. Professional carpet cleaning can remove embedded irritants.
2. Clears out dust mites. Dust mites are common residents in the carpets of your home. While they aren’t harmful, the droppings and body parts they leave behind can be. These can cause irritants and allergens that cause respiratory problems. Professional carpet cleaning can kill dust mites.
3. Prevents mold growth. Mold can be an issue in carpets that are exposed to humidity and moisture. When carpets are professionally clean, all the moisture and mold causing dirt will be completely removed to maintain a clean and healthy carpet.
Carpet Cleaning Services & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California
Cleaner carpets means cleaner air because carpets work like a giant filter in your home. Just like the filter in your HVAC system, if it gets dirty, it can’t continue to trap pollutants. Keeping that giant filter clean will make your home look better and those that live in it breathing easier. Do your carpets need professional cleaning? Contact the experts at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning to restore your dingy carpets.