Homeowners often change the furniture around, especially with people spending more time in the home. An assortment of blemishes of crushed in areas in the carpet is commonly revealed when the heavy furniture is switched around. In any home, these carpet dents are pockets of crushed fabrics that are noticeable and undesirable. Recommendations on how you can restore the carpet to its original glory and revitalize the carpet dents is what we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to share today. Keep in mind, you may have to repeat or try additional methods to completely restore a carpet dent.
How to Get Deep Imprints Out of Carpet with Steam
1) Get the clutter out of the way and clear out any bulky furniture as you need adequate space to maneuver.
2) Over the dented carpet, place a clean, white damp cloth.
3) Hold over an iron on medium heat at about 3-4 inches above the moist cloth. For 30-60 seconds, allow the produced heat and steam disperse over the area.
4) Be sure NOT to place the hot iron directly on top of carpet, depending manufacturing and materials, you can cause irreversible damage to the fibers by either burning or melting.
5) Repeat the steps, should the dent persist. Move on to a different method if repeat attempts do not prove efficient.
How to Fix Flattened Carpet with a Blow Dryer
1) Like in the first technique, remove the surrounding clutter.
2) Moderately spray the dents using a spray and be sure not to oversaturate the area. Without being soaked, the carpets should be somewhat damp.
3) With the help of a blow dryer and fork, gently fluff the fibers back into place, being careful not to damage carpets as you work.
4) Repeat as necessary if the dents are not fully restored by the time it is dry. Also, implement a different technique should repeating prove ineffective.
How to Get Rid of Carpet Furniture Dents with Ice Cubes
Being the most commonly used technique due to it is gentleness way to remove carpet dents in addition to being quick and easy, this method is the top recommended.
1) Slide away any furniture that might be too close to prevent restricting your restoration activities.
2) Drop one or more ice cubes according to the length and width of the dent.
3) Wait for the ice cubes to melt. The carpet fibers will absorb the water and begin to expand and relax through the melting process.
4) Allow the moisture to soak in overnight on the more prominent dents.
5) Check saturation levels in the morning if there is excessive liquid and blot up the remaining moisture.
6) Gently use a fork to loosen and fluff the carpet fibers back to their original design.
7) If the dents persist on the extreme dents, repeat as necessary or utilize one of our other techniques.
After you have completed any of these methods and the surface is completely dry, ensure to vacuum the area to further relax the fibers.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California
In the event your carpets are in need of a comprehensive cleaning after noticing the obvious traffic patterns in your carpet, call Steam Magic Carpet Care Cleaning today, and let our professionals get your carpet clean and vibrant once again.