Despite having the obvious places in your home in pristine condition, doesn’t necessarily mean your home overall is adequately clean. The places that are less obvious and often out of sight, are frequently neglected. Even a home’s internal systems require attention. The air ducts, for example, are the most neglected and one of the major places that should be regularly maintained. The air ducts are a part of the HVAC system, responsible for circulating air throughout the home. The air that even comes from the outside to be treated and dispersed travels through the network of ducts. As you can imagine, the airborne particulates collect in the passageways. Such examples include dust, pollen, lint, pollutants, germs, bacteria, hair, dead skin cells, pet fur and dander, allergens, dust mites, dirt, insect carcass fragments, mold and other particulates. There is more than you can imagine building up in air ducts with every passing day that only contaminates the air you breathe. Bearing that in mind, we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to the opportunity to discuss some of the basics concerning the air duct cleaning service.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
There are several advantages to investing in a professional air duct cleaning service.
1) Improved indoor air quality. The contaminants, pollutants, allergens, and particulates that accumulates in the air ducts impacts the quality of the indoor air. In recent studies, there are some places throughout the country where the indoor air quality is three times worse than it is outside. In addition to the previously mentioned debris building in the air ducts, any construction, remodeling, or repairs to the structure can accrue remnants in the air ducts; saw dust, carpet fibers, as well as metal and plastic shavings are among them. Chemical residues from household agents, pesticides along with any pest contaminates are also often in the debris. Every time the heater or air conditioner runs, the treated air pushes the loose particles that are then dispersed into the different rooms of your home, breathing in the airborne filth. Children, elderly, those with respiratory problems including allergies and asthma will benefit highly when the indoor air quality is improved and an air duct cleaning is one of the primary ways to do it.
2) Increased HVAC efficiency. When the air is able to travel through the air ducts without any obstructions, the system will be more efficient. Cleaner air ducts will also help the filters clog up quickly. With the air being able to filter through the home, the units operate more efficiency and use less energy.
3) Cleaner home. If you noticed after only a few hours of dusting and cleaning from top to bottom there is already a fine layer dust, it indicates the buildup in the air ducts is excessive. The layers of dust will quickly multiply. After your air ducts are clean, the home will remain cleaner longer in between your diligent efforts
How Often Do My Air Ducts Need to Be Cleaned?
Experts recommend that homeowners get their air ducts cleaned every 3-5 years. Additionally, the air ducts should be cleaned prior to moving in to a recently bought home as well, especially since you do not know the history of the home such as remodeling, water or fire damage, and mold outbreaks. The more any of the listed factors below apply to you, the sooner you should consider getting your air ducts professionally cleaned.
– Damage from water, smoke, or fire.
– Residents that smoke.
– Occupants that have frequent asthma attacks, allergies, and other respiratory issues.
– Recent renovations, remodels, add-ons, or other construction projects.
– Indoor pets.
– Mold outbreaks inside or close to the exterior of your home.