Particularly when you have clumsy tendencies, spills happen from time to time. Unsightly blemishes still happen even when you do everything you can to keep the carpets vibrant and plush. Among adults and children alike, milk is a popular drink or ingredient, such as for cereal and other foods which makes milk a very common spill. It is a highly likely people will experience this mess on their carpets because of the frequent use of milk. If not properly treated, a odors can form quite quickly. And milk can still develop a stain, despite milk not being dark, like say red wine. You can easily remove the milk and any potential stains and odor if you treat the spill quickly with household ingredients in most cases. We at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to take the opportunity to discuss a few methods you can use on your San Diego, California carpets to remove milk.
Patch Cleaning Test Procedure
Important Considerations: You want to perform a patch test in an inconspicuous area to prevent any potential color fading or becoming discolored and avoiding fibers from being damaged, no matter if it is one below or a commercial product to make certain the carpet is cohesive to the solution.
Method One – How to Get Milk Spill & Smell Out of Carpet
1) Using a blotting or patting technique using heavy pressure, sop up the excess milk with a paper towel or clean cloth or towel.
2) In your choice of bucket, bowl, or squirt bottle, combine 1 tbsp of liquid dishwashing soap and 2 cups of warm water. Until liquid is removed, repeat as necessary, making sure to use dry towel in between applications to control the moisture.
3) Combine 2 cups of warm water and 1 tbsp of ammonia to use diluted ammonia in the event the milk is a stain and requires more potency. With the solution and blot up the tough milk, treat a fresh cloth.
4) Make certain to use a water-damp cloth to rinse the solution residue away, no matter which solution or both used.
5) Follow up with a clean towel to blot up as much moisture as possible after the milk and residues are rinsed.
Method Two – How to Remove Milk Stain & Sour Smell from Carpet
1) In order to blot up the excess milk, immediately use a paper towel or rag.
2) Have a water-damp cloth to pat the milk out once the excess is sopped up.
3) Generously sprinkle baking soda, or corn starch will work in a pinch with the affected area still damp. Allow the baking soda or corn starch absorb the remaining milk for about 30 minutes. In drawing up moisture, baking soda destroys any odor molecules that might have been created.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More In San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California.
Being difficult to remove, and since it can develop bacteria and odors, milk especially once it has time to dry into the carpets may need professional treatments. By destroying any growing bacteria, Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning can remove the milk stains, eliminate any developing odors, and sanitize the area. Call us today for a comprehensive carpet cleaning if you are having difficulties or simply want to ensure efficiency.