Many couples will offer their loved one’s tokens of their affection with February being the month of romance. Then there are chocolate bunnies and eggs at Easter not to mention all the chocolate candy treats during Halloween. No matter whether you love chocolate or don’t have much of a sweet tooth, chocolate is a common a gift and chocolate stains can unexpectedly appear on your carpet. The longer they sit the harder it is to remove. This is true when it comes to chocolate. We at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to offer a few methods to remove chocolate from the carpet today.
Method #1 to Get Chocolate Stains Out of Carpet
To remove chocolate stains, below is a one method. Gather squirt bottle, water, butter knife, paper towels, clean cloths, and white detergent.
1) Use a butter knife from the affected area of the carpet to scrape off any residual chocolate. As you conduct this step, be careful to not damage the carpet.
2) Take your favorite carpet stain remover to try and lift the chocolate stain.
3) Following performing step 2, mix together ¼ teaspoon of white detergent and a cup of room temperature water and use as directed to remove any remnants of the chocolate stain that are still visible.
4) Apply this water and detergent mixture directly on the chocolate stain.
5) Being blotting the carpet, work from the outer edge of the stain to the inner part. Never scrub or rub to avoid the chocolate from spreading out further
6) Leave the area to dry and the chocolate stain, after the stain is lifted.
Method #2 for Cleaning Chocolate Stains
Before tackling the problem, gather a vacuum, spot remover, butter knife, paper towels and a clothing iron.
1) In the event you see that the chocolate has dried, use the butter knife and scrape off as much as the chocolate stain.
2) After you scraped as much chocolate residue as you can from the carpet, vacuum directly over the stain to remove any flakes that may remain.
3) Using a few paper towels, cover the affected area.
4) On your clothing iron, the lowest, non-steam setting possible should be set. Move the iron slowly above the paper towels. To stick to the paper towels, this contributes to assisting the chocolate start to stick.
5) When you are ironing the paper towels, make certain to keep the temperature steady while doing.
6) Repeat steps 1-5 as necessary until the chocolate stain is extracted.
7) With a clean white towel should any dark spots remain, administer a household carpet cleaner to the area and agitate gently. Be sure to use caution to avoid the potential damage that can be caused from over agitating the carpet.
Method #3 to Remove Chocolate Stains Out of Carpet
As soon as you discover the stain, remove as much of the chocolate as you can using a butter knife or scraping tool.
1) Directly dampen the area with cold water.
2) Utilizing a bit of dishwashing detergent and a clean cloth, rub the stain in a circular motion. Let it set into 5-10 minutes to break up the compacted chocolate.
3) The chocolate stain should be removed as you rinse the area.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California
Call Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning and let our qualified technicians clean your carpet and remove these tough chocolate stain and other spots.