Soft drinks are a fairly common beverage consumed in many households. Especially if there are children residing in a home, sometimes the soda can take a dive and blemish your beautiful carpet. No need to stress, there a few methods you can try to remove the stain yourself.
Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to relate a few tips on removing soft drink stains from off your carpet.
SAFETY TIPS: Before getting started, we would like to share a few safety tips and warnings before commencing on stain removal.
– Know what kind of carpet or rug you have that is need of treatment. Some materials used in manufacturing are in need of special techniques and cleaners. If ever in doubt, contact a professional.
– No matter if you prefer to use a home remedy, a commercial carpet cleaner or any other detergents, be sure to conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous area to ensure the integrity and color of your carpet’s fibers will not be compromised during the cleaning process.
– Never use hot water as hot water can set stains into the carpet, making removal extremely difficult or impossible.
– Always use plain white paper towels, clothes or household towels or rags to clean stains. If you attempt stain removal with printed or dyed fabrics, the patterns or dye can transfer onto the carpet, making a bigger mess to contend with.
– Remove stains as they happen. The longer the fester, the harder they are to remove.
– Never rub or scrub, doing so can push the stain deeper into the fibers or spread it out.
Carpet Coke & Soda Stain Removal
1. Immediately blot the stain with a few paper towels to dissolve as much liquid as you can. Work on the outer ridges and continue towards the center. This helps contain the spill from spreading.
2. Combine 1/4 tsp dishwashing liquid or a similar mild cleaner with 32 oz of warm water. If the stain is old, use only a cup of warm water for a stronger potency. Mix well.
3. In a separate container, mix 1 part white vinegar with 2 parts water.
4. Submerge a clean, white cloth in the soap mixture, ring out the excess and blot the stain.
5. After you have diluted the stain, re-submerge your cloth in the soap mixture, ring out excess and place the cloth on the stain and leave it for 15 minutes.
6. With a dry cloth, blot up the moisture.
7. Using the vinegar solution, submerge a new cloth, ring out, and place the cloth on top of the stain. Put the container of cleaning solution on top to weigh it down, for penetrating the mixture deeper into the fibers for 15 minutes.
8. Using clear water, sponge on, rinsing the soap and vinegar mixtures off of the carpet. Do not over saturate.
9. Blot the stain with a dry towel. Once the area is fully dried, vacuum well to relax the fibers.
10. If stain persists, contact a professional.
Carpet Floor & Upholstery Cleaning in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California.
Our experts at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning are masterfully trained. Utilizing our knowledge and experience, we apply our skills using the best graded equipment, and high quality detergents to effectively remove most stubborn stains. To remove stains and return vibrancy to your carpets, call us today to schedule your next appointment!