Soft drink stains on the carpet can be exceptionally difficult to remove. The longer they sit, the harder it can be to get out. Like any substance stain, tending to the spill promptly is imperative for successful removal. Today, we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to share a method on how you can get the soft drink stain out of your carpets.
Quick Carpet Stain Remover Tips
Whether you use a homemade cleaner or a store bought one, perform a patch test in an inconspicuous test to make sure the carpet’s color or integrity will not be compromised. Do not use hot water or it can set in the stain. When adding the liquid dish soap to the solution, do not let it get out of control, too much can create a residue on the carpet’s surface, attracting dirt and becoming a challenge to remove. Stick to only blotting, dabbing, and patting techniques as scrubbing and rubbing will only make the mess worse. Only use white paper towels, cloths, and towels to treat the stains, otherwise you can transfer dye and print to the carpets. Do not over saturate the carpets, you can cause water damage.
How to Remove Old Soda Stains from Carpet
Solution: Mix together 1 cup white vinegar, 1 TBS liquid dish soap, and 2 cups of water. (This formula is soft drinks including red, orange, and purple. For caramel colored sodas, use a dry cleaning solvent according to the manufacturer’s directions on the label.)
1) In the event the soft drink stain has dried, mist water from a spray bottle on it to lightly dampen it up. If it is fresh, place a few paper towels over the top to sop up the excess moisture and repeat until the area is damp.
2) Administer the solution to a cloth and use the now damp treated cloth to blot the stains. Rinse out the rag as it becomes overwhelmed with soda. In between application, use a dry cloth or paper towels absorb the excess moisture to avoid getting the area too wet. Repeat until the stain has dissipated.
3) Once the stain has faded, use a damp sponge or cloth from only water to pull up the solution residue.
4) Following a thorough rinse, dry the area to the best of your ability by using a dry towel to absorb the remaining moisture.
5) Apply rubbing alcohol to a few cotton balls and dab the stain to pull it out of the carpet in the event a spot is still visible after it has completely dry.
6) To remove the alcohol film left behind, use a barely damp cloth of pure water to dab the area clean.
7) With a clean towel or cloth, dry the area well.
8) Once fully dry, vacuum the area.
If the stain remains, you repeat the procedure but add a few tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia into the solution. However, you do this at the risk of lightening the carpets fibers as these chemicals have the potential to do.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California
To avoid these risks, and to ensure the soda stains are efficiently removed, call in the experts of Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning and let our professionals efficiently and quickly get your carpets clean, sanitized, and deodorized, as well as stain free!