With little to do with people spending more time in the home, homeowners often will change the furniture around. When the heavy furniture is switched around, an assortment of blemishes from crushed in areas in the carpet is commonly revealed. These carpet dents are pockets of crushed fabrics that are noticeable and undesirable in any home. In order to restore the carpet to its original glory and revitalize the carpet dents, we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to offer some tips and suggestions. To completely restore a carpet dent, you may have to repeat or try additional methods.
Can You Get Dents Out of Carpet with a Hairdryer?
1) Start by removing any clutter or obstacles that might impede your efforts.
2) Be sure not to oversaturate the area, but moderately spray the dents using a spray. The carpets should be somewhat damp without making it soaking wet.
3) Carefully fluff the fibers back into place through help of a blow dryer and fork, and gently enough that avoid damaging the fibers as you work.
4) If the dents are not fully restored by the time it is dry, repeat as necessary. Should repeating prove ineffective, implement a different technique as well.
Can You Revive Flattened Carpet Pile with Ice Cubes
Due to it is gentleness way to remove carpet dents in addition to being quick and easy, is the most commonly used technique and the most recommended.
1) In order to prevent restricting your restoration activities, slide away any furniture that might be too close.
2) According to the length and width of the dent, drop one or more ice cubes.
3) Ice needs to melt. The water will absorb in the carpet fibers and then will expand and relax through the melting process.
4) On the more prominent dents, let moisture to soak in overnight.
5) If there is excessive liquid and blot up the remaining moisture, check saturation levels in the morning.
6) Fluff the carpet fibers back to their original design by gently using a fork to loosen them.
7) Repeat as needed or utilize one of our other techniques if the dents persist on the extreme dents.
Does Steam Cleaning Remove Carpet Dents?
1) As you need adequate space to maneuver, get the clutter out of the way and clear out any bulky furniture.
2) Place a clean, white damp cloth on top of the dented carpet.
3) About 3-4 inches above the moist cloth, hold over an iron on medium heat. Let the produced heat and steam disperse over the area for 30-60 seconds.
4) Depending manufacturing and materials can cause irreversible damage to the fibers by either burning or melting, so make certain NOT to place the hot iron directly on top of carpet.
5) Should the dent persist, repeat the steps. If repeating attempts do not prove efficient, move on to a different method.
Ensure to vacuum the area to further relax the fibers once you completed the task, whether or not you were successful, and the carpet is completely dried.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas & Chula Vista, California
Call Steam Magic Carpet Care Cleaning today, and let our professionals get your carpet clean and vibrant once again in the event your carpets are in need of a comprehensive cleaning after noticing the obvious traffic patterns in your carpet.