For many of us, we don’t think about the air ducts in our homes or the indoor air quality for that matter. In reality, the indoor air quality in your house is much worse than the air quality in large, major cities. It can leave homeowners wondering how in the world they can improve their indoor air quality. Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning is here to talk about air duct cleaning and how it could be the answer to your indoor air quality troubles.
How Often Should You Clean Ductwork?
The air ducts in your home are responsible for delivering cool or heated air throughout your homes. Because they are constantly circulating the air in your home, it is important that they are clean. For most homes, you need to have your air ducts cleaned every 2-3 years to stay on top of the buildup that is usually found in them. Here are some instances where you may want to consider having them cleaned more often.
– Moving: If you have moved into a new house and the ducts haven’t been cleaned in the past 3 years, now is a good time to get them done. If the previous occupants were smokers or had pets, it is especially important. When you are moving into a newly built house, you need to have them cleaned as the ducts are often filled with construction dust and debris.
– Pest Infestations: Pests often find your air ducts to be the perfect place to build their nests. Anytime you are dealing with a pest infestation, you want to have your air ducts cleaned to completely get rid of the problem. If a pest has died in your ductwork, you will want to have them cleaned as this can be hazardous.
– Mold & Mildew: You shouldn’t ever be able to see mold or mildew around the vents in your home. If you turn on your air and can smell it, you need to have your air ducts cleaned. This is often a space that is damp with the moisture found in the air and can lead to mold and mildew growth.
– Cold & Allergy Symptoms: There are several allergens that are often found in your ducts. This can lead to chronic cold and allergy symptoms that can have a big impact on your overall quality of life. Cleaning your ducts will help ease these symptoms you’re experiencing.
– Dust: No one wants to dust their home more than they have to. If you have excessive dust settling on the surfaces of your home, your air ducts could be to blame. Removing dust and debris from them can help with this problem.
Air Duct Cleaning & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California
If you don’t know the last time your air ducts were cleaned, it’s time to call on the professionals at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning to clean your air ducts and help improve your indoor air quality. Call us today!