After investing a considerable amount of money on new carpet, you want to make sure it lasts as long as possible. Extending the life of your carpet can be possible by making small changes in your everyday life. Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to share 8 tips that can keep your carpets looking like new.
Here are 8 Tips to Help Extend the Life of Your Carpet
1. Choose the Right Carpet– When choosing the carpet for your home, consider what area is getting the carpet. If you are having it installed in high traffic areas, you may want a more durable carpet. Choosing the appropriate carpet for your space can make a big difference in how long it lasts.
2. Remove Shoes When on Carpet– By simply removing your shoes upon entering your home, you can eliminate a lot of wear and tear on your carpet. Wearing shoes indoors tracks dirt and other debris throughout your carpet.
3. Entry Mats– If you wear shoes in your house, choosing a proper entry mat is imperative. When choosing a mat for your entry way, make sure you choose one that is big enough. If your mat is smaller than the distance in which you take about three steps, it isn’t going to sufficiently remove the filth from the bottom of shoes.
4. Vacuum Carpet Regularly– It’s no secret that vacuuming removes dirt and dust from carpet. By vacuuming often, you are ensuring dirt and other debris aren’t getting embedded deep into the fibers of your carpet.
5. Remove Stains Promptly– If spills happen; you will have a better chance of removing them completely if you work to clean them right away. This gets rid of the spot before it has time to set into the fibers of your carpet.
6. Move Furniture Often and with Pads– Moving your furniture is a good way to give your carpet a rest. By moving the furniture in your room, you also change the direction of the traffic areas. This can help with premature wear and tear on your carpet. When moving furniture, it is important to use a pad or tarp underneath the furniture to avoid snagging your carpet.
7. Use Curtains or Blinds– You should try to avoid direct sunlight on your carpet. If there is an area that gets a high amount of sunlight, installing blinds or curtains will help avoid fading and sun damage to your carpets.
8. Professional Carpet Cleaning– The best way to extend the life of your carpet is to have it professionally cleaned. Having a professional clean it at least annually, helps keep your carpet and pad from getting damaged by dirt, oils, and other debris that settle deep into the fibers of your carpets.
Carpet Floor & Upholstery Cleaning in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California.
It’s amazing what a difference taking some preventative measures can make. Carpet helps a home feel warm and inviting. By taking appropriate care of it, you can enjoy your carpet for years to come. Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning can with any of your floor and upholstery cleaning needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.