Kids and adults alike enjoy arts, crafts and baking. There is bound to be a few spills with clumsy fingers and accidents. Below are a few common carpet spots and how to remove them that we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning have listed.
How to Do a Patch Test Before Cleaning Carpet
No matter if you choose to prepare your own solution or use a commercial carpet cleaner, always conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous area prior to treating the stain. Never use hot water as it can set the carpets with a permanent stain. All paper towels, cloths, and towels need to be white or you risk transferring dyes and prints onto the fibers. Do not oversaturate the area, otherwise, the carpets can develop mold and/or water damage.
How to Remove Washable Paint from Carpet
1) With a spoon the thick washable paint from the surface.
2) Using a paper towel, blot away the remaining moisture. Pat the stain from the outside, in without using excessive pressure.
3) Utilizing a dull edge to scrape dry paint from the surface.
4) In a squirt bottle, blend /2 tsp dish soap and 1 cup warm water.
5) Apply the solution to the affected area, and use a clean, damp cloth, gently work out the stain without oversaturating the carpet.
6) Until washable paint is removed, repeat the steps as needed.
7) With a clean towel on top of the surface, carefully walk along the area to lift up detergents and remaining stain.
8) With cool water in a spray bottle, or water-dampen cloth, ensure to blot thoroughly after rinsing the area.
9) In the event a brownish discoloration occurs, stir 1-part white vinegar and 2-parts water. Blot with dry cloth in between application to avoid oversaturation as you administer treatment with solution-treated cloth.
How to Get Cookie Icing & Frosting Out of Carpet
1) With the help of a butter knife or spoon, scrape the excess of icing from the carpet, as you work, avoid smearing the icing. Wipe the remnants onto a paper towel as you.
2) In a squirt bottle, infuse 1-part white vinegar and 1-part cold water.
3) Using a damp cloth treated with the solution, pat the spot clean.
4) Blot out remaining residues using paper towels,
5) As necessary repeat.
6) Absorb as much moisture as possible using a clean, dry towel, and let the areas dry thoroughly.
How to Get Glitter Glue Out of Carpet
1) Scoop the volume of glitter glue with a spoon and use a paper towel to wipe off the glue.
2) Utilize a damp cloth to blot the glitter glue residue as you treat the stain on the outer edges and work towards the center.
3) Treat any remains by blotting the area with a sponge dampened with rubbing alcohol.
4) Rinse with cool water and a cloth and prevent oversaturation by blotting with a dry cloth in between applications.
5) Once the spot is removed, use a dry towel to dry out the surface.