The holidays are often a time of celebration and with celebration comes food and drink. Eat, drink, and be merry is definitely something that goes quite well during this time of year. But with all the merriment and excitement comes the impending accidents. The stains that come from holiday drinks can be a challenge to remove. But luckily, we have a few solutions for you.
Carpet Stain Removal Tips for Liquid Drink Spills & Splashes
Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to offer some advice on how to get some commonly served holiday beverages removed from your carpets.
How to Get Hot Cocoa & Chocolate Stains Out of Carpet
1. Sop up the excess liquid.
2. Add 1 TBS of liquid dish soap liquid and 2 cups warm water in a squirt bottle, bowl, or bucket.
3. Apply solution to stain moderately.
4. Blot until all liquid is thoroughly absorbed.
5. Allow to air dry.
– Red Wine:
1. Completely blot up all moisture.
2. Squirt a couple of ounces of cool water directly over the stained area, and blot again, completely dissolving the liquid again.
3. In a container of your choice, combined together 1 TBS liquid dish soap, 1 TBS white vinegar and 2 cups of warm water.
4. Apply the mixture generously onto a cleaning implement of your choice and commence dabbing the remaining stain. Blot with a clean, dry cloth in between treatments to keep moisture contained. You do not want over saturate the carpet during this step.
5. Rinse the area with cool water, and blot dry with a dry cloth.
How to Remove Cider Stains from Carpet
1. As soon as possible blot the cider with paper towels.
2. Add 1 TBS ammonia and 2 cups of warm water together in your preferred container.
3. Using a clean cloth, sponge on the solution onto the stain.
4. Gently work out the cider in circular patterns in addition to blotting.
5. Rinse well with warm water, blot in between to contain the moisture.
6. Blot remaining moisture as much as possible.
7. Allow to air dry.
1. Use a spoon or dull edged implement to remove the bulk and blot the remaining residue.
2. Rinse out the stain with warm water, be sure to blot up moisture in between, you do not want over saturate.
3. Apply the solution onto the stain minimally and gently blot up the stain.
4. If a residue persists, use a vinegar solution of 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups warm water, and gently work the solution through.
5. Rinse with warm water
6. Using a clean, dry towel, blot up all moisture.
7. Allow to air dry.
General Carpet Stain Removal Notes
1. Never use hot water as it could set in stains.
2. Only use white cloths, towels, and paper towels as dyes and prints can easily transfer onto carpet.
3. Always perform a patch test with any product (homemade or store bought) in an inconspicuous area to ensure it does not further damage your carpet or lighten it.
Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas, Chula Vista California
Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning proudly serves the good people of Greater San Diego, CA. If the above stain removal methods do not seem to remove the stains, contact Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning, and we will send our top professionals to get those stubborn stains out!