Many homeowners may be looking for ways to freshen up the carpets after spending a lot more hours inside. When you just want the fresh smell in your home, the carpets are usually the needed target. Carpets are similar to a filter and can trap a lot of particulates, microbes, and odors. Today, we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to offer a few ways you can refresh the carpets.
Professional Carpet Cleaning Investment
Nothing beats professional carpet cleaning when it comes to maximum freshness and cleanliness. Carpet cleaning can ensure they are clean, sanitized, and deodorized; making the carpets vibrant and smelling fresh with the power extraction and quality products deliver the ultimate clean as it pulls up the dirt and debris below the carpets’ surface, neutralize the odors, and if you have any spills that leave residual residues, spots, or even stains.
Vinegar Carpet Freshening Procedure
1) Fill a squirt bottle with white distilled vinegar.
2) Though the scent can be initially unattractive, keep in mind that the strong smell of vinegar will eventually dissipate over time. Eliminating the odors, by killing the source, the vinegar dissolves nearly all the germs and bacteria are destroyed.
3) Without oversaturating the carpets, repeat the vinegar application as needed. If you need to repeat, make sure to use dry cloth to absorb excess moisture. Once satisfied, use a dry towel to blot remaining moisture and after it is fully dried, vacuum the area well.
How Do You Use Essential Oils to Freshen Carpet?
1) With ½ cup baking soda, add 30 drops of lavender essential oil, or your preferred essential oil scent.
2) Pour the mixture inside a vented container. You can puncture them yourself or mason jar with slotted holes in the lid, as well as a spice or parmesan cheese container works well also.
3) Allow the mixture to vent through the container for at least a 24-hour period. After the 24 hours are up, lightly sprinkle the baking soda on the carpet’s surface and allow it to linger for 15-30 minutes.
4) Vacuum the carpet slowly and methodically thoroughly. Make certain to overlap the lanes as you go. The carpets and the lavender oil will help your home smell all the fresher with a welcoming scent in the air, any developed odors can be neutralized in the air.
How Do I Keep My Carpet Clean & Fresh?
1) Essential Oils. Because of the natural, healthy remedy effects of essential oils, the essential oil trend is still continuing to thrive. Their appealing scents can help make most homes smell fragrant.
2) Routine Vacuuming. A significant benefit is to remove the dirt, debris, and odor-causing particulates by vacuuming daily, or as often as possible.
3) Citrus Peeling. You can send the peelings down the garbage disposal to destroy odors forming there, boiling citrus peeling will assault the odor molecules in the order, and offer a fresh pleasant smell and afterwards.