Carpets can receive a number of different stains from any substance contact. Many people have their own remedies ready to go to treat spills. However, few people know the right approach when the candle wax spills onto the carpet. Candle wax is actually a lot easier than you may think to get out of your carpet, though it may seem initially hopeless. There are a couple of methods that can effectively remove candle wax from the carpets that we at Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning would like to share today.
Candle Wax Removal Method #1
1) Essential for a more effective removal, is immediate action. The tougher it becomes to remove from carpets the longer any stain lingers, including wax.
2) Fill ice in a sandwich bag.
3) Allow the ice to freeze the wax.
4) After you removed the bag of ice off the now frozen wax, use a dull knife to scrape the wax off the carpet. For easy disposal, scrape the fragments onto a paper towel.
5) Once all of the chunks are removed, place directly over the affected area of your carpet a brown paper bag or a clean cloth.
6) The material will start to absorb the wax and lift it off the carpet as you slowly press a warm iron on top of the paper bag or cloth. As the wax is pulled from the carpet, you may have to adjust the material to clean corners. Repeat until all of the residue is removed.
7) Use a commercial carpet cleaning to remove the residual stains if any coloration from the wax remains.
Method #2 to Get Candle Wax Out of Carpets
1) Scrape off the wax fragments, use a dull table knife. The wax should gradually come out of the fibers.
2) Over the top of the affected area for 5 or so minutes, fill a plastic baggie with ice cubes and place the sealed bag
3) With the use of your dull edge knife, remove any additional waxy residue that may have frozen.
4) With help of the upholstery attachment of a household vacuum, vacuum up any wax you see.
5) Should there be any colored candle that leaves behind a color stain, pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto a clean white cloth. Until it is removed, blot the treated cloth on the stain. To blot out any residual alcohol, follow up with a damp, clean cloth.
6) In order to dry the area as well as you can, use a clean, white towel.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in San Diego, Solana Beach, La Mesa, Mission Valley, La Jolla, Del Mar, Poway, Encinitas & Chula Vista, California
Either of these methods should be effective to remove the candle wax. Call in the experts of Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning and let our certified professionals remove the wax and any residues that tarnish your carpet if you run into any difficulties. To ensure that the stains and spots are efficiently removed, we use effective methods and products. We can get the deep-rooted dirt and filth removed to reveal beautifully cleaned and spotless carpets that are fresh, and vivid once again in addition to removing the stains. Call Steam Magic Carpet Cleaning to remove the stains, odors, or if you simply need maintenance cleaning.